CVMA membership is comprised of:
- Full Member (verified combat service)
- Support Member (have non-combat military service and sincere dedication to helping veterans)
- Auxiliary Members (married spouse of a Full Member and sincere dedication to helping veterans)
CVMA has members from all 50 states and living abroad. Many members continue to serve in our Armed Forces, with several currently serving in combat areas.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Are we an MC?
A: We are NOT an MC. We are a Motorcycle Association. We are neutral and claim no territory and no allegiance to any club. We have no probates or hang-around’s.
Q: What proof do I have to show to be eligible to join as a Full Member?
A: You MUST have a DD 214 showing your combat service or verifiable, official documentation showing a combat award.
Q: What if I don’t have a DD-214 or mine is inaccurate?
A: You can request a current copy of your service records at the National Archives website.
* In order to join the Combat Vets Motorcycle Association as a FULL MEMBER you MUST be able to PROVE your combat service.
Q: Do I have to own a motorcycle?
A: Yes, you must own a motorcycle, 500 cc’s or larger and have a valid registration and insurance in YOUR name.
* It doesn’t matter if it’s a Honda, Yamaha or Harley-Davidson, etc... Your bike should also be mechanically sound.
Q: If I’m a veteran but have never been to a combat zone, am I eligible to join?
A: In certain cases you MAY be able to join the CVMA as a Support Member. Each chapter may have up to one Support Member for every ten Full Members.
- Maximum number of support members will not exceed 10% of total CVMA full Combat membership.
- Support members must own and operate a motorcycle of 500cc or greater.
- Support members are required to submit their application with proof of military service through a CVMA Full Member SPONSOR.
- Only 1 support member can be vouched on per year by an individual CVMA member.
Q: What are the qualifications for an Auxiliary Member?
A: An Auxiliary Member MUST be the current spouse of a Full Member. You’ll need to submit an application and submit it along with a marriage certificate and the applicable payment for dues.
Q: Can my girlfriend/boyfriend become an Auxiliary Member?
A: No, this does not qualify them to become an Auxiliary Member.
Q: What are the three levels of Membership?
A: Full Member, Support Member, and Auxiliary Member.
Q: How can I get a Membership Application?
A: Please use the Make Contact process on the National CVMA Website: https://www.combatvet.us/contact/contact_start.php
- This request for information is not an application for membership. It is a "first contact" to start the application process. You will receive an email or phone call from the State Rep to explain the next steps.
- Applicants MUST also affirm that they have read and agree to “CVMA Protocol” as a condition of your membership.
Q: How long will it take for my application to be processed?
A: Application processing by our National organization times vary but usually within 30 days.
Q: When is your next Chapter Meeting?
A: Chapter meetings are scheduled in advance and posted on the Chapter Calendar. Go to the Chapter Calendar page to find date, time, and location information.
Q: How do I transfer my CVMA membership to another state?
A: Contact your current State Rep (SR) and ask him/her to transfer you to your new state. Once the transfer has be completed, contact the SR for your NEW state and ask him/her to insert you into the chapter of your choice.
Q: When can I get my patch?
A: Once your application has been approved and you have been emailed an acceptance letter and a CVMA membership number, you can contact our Quartermaster via our “Contact Us” web page to make arrangements to purchase a patch. Patches will NOT be mailed or “picked up” except in extremely extraordinary circumstances. We will present your patch in our “Patching Ceremony” in in front of our chapter members in order to properly welcome you and relay a sense of camaraderie and show respect for your service.
Q: How much are the annual dues?
A: Annual Dues for a Full Member is $20, while Support Members and Auxiliary Members are $10. Patch costs are NOT included and must be purchased through your Chapter once you receive a membership number.
~Have more questions? - Contact us